Attention all foodies!
If you're on the lookout for quick and easy recipes that don't compromise on taste, then you're in for a treat. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi has brought you a delectable range of 5-ingredient recipes that are sure to tantalise your taste buds!
Chef Harpal, with his vast culinary expertise and passion for cooking, has created a series of recipes that require only five simple ingredients, making them perfect for those busy weeknights when you're short on time.
What's more, these recipes are not only easy to make but also absolutely delicious, proving that sometimes the simplest of recipes can pack the biggest punch when it comes to flavour.
So why wait? Head to the kitchen and get ready to whip up some mouth-watering dishes that are guaranteed to leave you feeling satisfied and happy.
╰┈➤ Til Ka Halwa *°࿐
Let's start with this delightful and aromatic dessert recipe that is sure to impress! This recipe calls for just six simple ingredients, each bringing its own unique flavour and texture to the dish.
1 cup of soaked sesame seeds
1 cup til and peanut chikki
1 cup ghee
1 cup jaggery water
1 cup khoya
¼ tsp cardamom powder
- To start, take one cup of soaked sesame seeds and grind it into a fine paste in a grinder. Then, in another mixer grinder, grind together one cup of til and peanut chikki until smooth and combined.
- Next, heat up a kadhai and add one cup of ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add in the prepared til paste and mix until it turns a lovely golden brown colour. Now it's time to add in the star ingredient: one cup of jaggery water, followed by the ground chikki, khoya, and mix it all together until it's well combined.
- Allow the mixture to cook on a low flame until it is properly cooked through. Once done, switch off the flame, sprinkle in a quarter teaspoon of cardamom powder, and mix it all together for a final flourish of flavour.
- As the mixture cools down to room temperature, serve it in a bowl, garnished with some crushed chikki on top for an extra crunch. This dessert is the perfect ending to any meal and is sure to leave your guests begging for the recipe.
╰┈➤ Spinach Pulao *°࿐
This flavourful and wholesome dish is the perfect way to satisfy your hunger pangs while treating your taste buds to a symphony of flavours. With just a few simple ingredients, this pulao recipe is easy to whip up and will leave you feeling completely satisfied.
3 onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons of oil
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
1 teaspoon of black peppercorns
1 bunch of spinach, chopped
Salt to taste + extra for seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
1 1/2 cups of green peas
1 cup of soaked rice
Water as required
1 1/2 cups of fresh green garlic
2-3 green chillies
1 cup of coriander leaves
2-3 tablespoons of curd
- Begin by adding the oil, bay leaf, cumin seeds, and black peppercorns to a pressure cooker. Add in the sliced onions and tomato cubes and mix everything. Then, add in the chopped spinach, salt, turmeric powder, and red chilli powder, and mix it all. Finally, add in the green peas, soaked rice, and enough water to cook the pulao, close the lid of the pressure cooker, and let it cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- While the pulao is cooking, roughly chop the green garlic and add it to a mixer grinder along with green chillies, coriander leaves, and curd. Grind everything together until you have a smooth paste. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Once the pulao is cooked through, transfer it to a serving bowl and add the green garlic and coriander paste on top. Mix everything and serve hot, garnished with some extra coriander leaves if desired. This pulao is a complete meal in itself and is sure to become a favourite in your household.
Also Read: How to set up a dinner table for 6
╰┈➤ Carrot Candies *°࿐
Looking for a sweet treat that's both visually appealing and tasty? Look no further than these delicious carrot candies! Made with simple ingredients and easy to prepare, they're the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Water, as required
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 cup compound chocolate
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- In a kadhai, bring water to a boil.
- Peel the carrots and slice them into rounds.
- Use a small cookie cutter or apple corer to remove the centre of each round, creating a star shape.
- Blanch the carrots in the boiling water for 3 minutes, then add sugar and cardamom powder and cook until soft.
- Melt the compound chocolate in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Once the carrots have cooled, dip them in the melted chocolate and then roll them in the desiccated coconut.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
- These carrot candies are not only delicious but also a fun way to get your daily dose of veggies. Try them out and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills!
╰┈➤ Moong Dal Toast *°࿐
Indulge in a recipe that will ignite your taste buds and leave you craving for more! Here are the ingredients you'll need for this scrumptious Moong Dal Toast.
Moong Dal soaked 1 cup
Black Pepper 1 tsp
Cumin Seed 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ginger 1 tsp
Onion 1 no.
Carrot 1 no.
Coriander, chopped 1 tbsp
Green Chilli 2-3 no.
French Beans 2-3 no.
Bread 4 sliced
Butter 1 tbsp
- Wash and rinse the Moong Dal and soak it for 30 minutes in hot water.
- Strain the Moong Dal and transfer it to a mixer grinder jar.
- Add black pepper, and cumin seeds and grind to a fine paste. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste, ginger, onion, carrot, and coriander to the paste and mix well.
- Add green chilli and French beans and mix well. Add 1 tsp water as required to achieve a spreadable consistency.
- Heat a nonstick tawa and keep it aside.
- Spread the mixture over the bread slices and place them on the tawa to toast. Cook on medium heat and occasionally turn as required.
- Add butter and flip the toast. Once the Moong Dal toast is ready on both sides, transfer it to a chopping board and cut it into triangles.
- Serve on a platter with ketchup and garnish with a coriander sprig.
Enjoy these delicious, healthy and quick recipes with your loved ones!