Which is the most visited room in your house? Your kitchen. Why? Because it stores your favourite item - food! Raw or cooked, your food should always taste fresh and healthy.
Here are the effective ways to store your food and preserve its freshness:
1. Store grains and pulses in airtight jars - Replace plastic jars with 100% borosilicate jars. Their airtight lids prevent moisture from spoiling your food. Borosilicate glass jars don't exude chemicals like plastic containers do, keeping your food safe for consumption. Opt for jars that come in different sizes, so you can use bigger jars for grains you use more often!
2. Label your containers - Even though the above-advised glass containers or jars are see-through, not all of your family members can differentiate between the numerous kinds of dals. Labeling them will help even a cooking noob feel more familiar in the kitchen.
3. Make space by stacking - If you have a smaller kitchen or less space in your cabinets, it is all the more important to optimise your organisation. Stackable jars and containers are perfect for making and utilising your storage space. But, if you already have spacious cabinets, you can use the space more effectively with the help of a divider. It showcases your ingredients more clearly and protects any jars from tumbling or falling!
4. Choose odour-free jars - They are perfect for keeping your food fresh. With one quick wash, your container looks and smells as good as new, and is ready to store more food items.
5. Most-used ingredients should be kept nearby - Keep ingredients you use most often the closest to your cooktop. So even if you forget to keep that specific ingredient ready during prep, it's almost as close as every other ingredient already assembled on your cooktop!
Also Read: Tips to make your dining table look elegant
6. Store pre-mixes in airtight jars - Preparing pre-mixes is the best time-efficient strategy. To make sure your pre-mix doesn't spoil, you must store it in airtight containers. They keep your mix fresh and rid of any humidity.
7. Store leftovers in leak-proof glass containers - Leftover foods are the most commonly stored items. God forbid, you drop any curry in your fridge. It's as difficult to clean as it was delicious to eat. Leak-proof airtight glass containers are quintessential in preserving your food from chemicals, preventing leakages, and ridding you of any leftover smell.
8. Turn your 4-step routine into 1-step with glass storage containers - Your 4-step storing, heating, serving, and cleaning routine can easily be turned into 1 simple step with glass storage containers. They are perfect to store food in, as established earlier. They are microwave proof, so you need not dirty another vessel to warm up your food. Glass containers are sleek and stylish, so perfect to use as serveware. They are easy to clean up and leave no residual odour. Voila! You save time and money by purchasing and cleaning up just one utensil!
The brownie point: you can also use these containers to pack on-the-go lunches or snacks!
9. Snacks and munchies storage - Most of us love to snack and munch! Popcorn, for example, is one of the tastiest snacks to munch on. Though, it's better for your health to not pop all the kernels at once. Popcorn kernels get infested with bugs easily, so it's most important to store them in airtight jars or containers and safely store them in the fridge or freezer. The worst is when snacks 'sil jaate hai', so easily preserve their crunch in freezer-safe airtight jars!
10. Store beverages in glass bottles - Have you ever stored juices or shakes in a plastic bottle and couldn't get rid of their smell even after 3 washes? With odour-free borosilicate glass bottles, this problem doesn't even come up! Freshly store buttermilk, juices, shakes, and more in the fridge without worrying about any residual smell.
Organise your kitchen well, so when you visit it for the eleventh time in a day - your favourite snacks are easily accessible and on full display!