Quick And Delicious Mumbai Recipe
Delicious Veg Sandwich Recipe – The Easy Way
Craving a scrumptious sandwich without the fuss of sauces, chutneys, or cheese? You're in for a treat with this simple Veg Sandwich recipe. Craft a delectable mixed vegetable sandwich in under 15 minutes, perfect for breakfast or an evening snack, and wave goodbye to those bottled spreads with mysterious ingredients and added preservatives.
Unlike a typical sandwich recipe, this one ditches a multitude of sauces, spreads, or gooey cheese. It's all about the basics – wholesome ingredients and pure flavours, resulting in a delightful Veg sandwich you can relish without guilt. To make this sandwich recipe, you don't need fancy kitchen gadgets like grills, toasters, or ovens. Prepare it conveniently on a pan or tawa without any complications.
Utilising Fresh and Pantry Ingredients
This sandwich recipe stands out for its practicality on busy weekday mornings. It requires just a handful of ingredients that likely reside in your pantry, including carrots, onions, corn, beans, and bell peppers. Feel free to toss in boiled potatoes and paneer for an extra treat. Now comes the secret ingredient! Do you know the ingredient that binds these veggies together? Tomatoes, ensure the filling stays moist and delightful.
- Bread Slices as needed
- Butter or Ghee as needed
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 medium-sized, chopped, mashed, or pureed Tomatoes
- Salt as needed
- 1-2 finely chopped Green Chilli (adjust to your spice preference)
- 2 cups finely chopped/sliced Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Onions, Corn, Beans, Bell Peppers, Boiled Potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon Pav Bhaji Masala or Garam Masala
- A handful of finely chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Paneer (Optional) as needed
- Green Chutney (Optional) as needed
Crafting the Veg Sandwich – Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1. Toast the Bread
Start by generously applying butter or ghee to the bread slices. Toast them to a golden crisp on one side while you prepare your veggies by chopping or slicing them into thin, delightful pieces.
Step 2. Sauté the Aromatics
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, allowing them to crackle. For those who are not fans of garlic, there's an alternative. Use ginger-garlic paste instead. Add the chopped, mashed, or pureed tomatoes, sprinkle some salt, cover, and let them cook on medium heat until they turn soft and mushy.
Step 3. Spices and Veggies
For those who enjoy spiciness, now is the moment to add a dash of chilli powder. As for this version, it includes green chillies in the next step. Sauté the veggies on medium to high flame and partially cook them, preserving that delightful smoky flavour without covering them.
Step 4. Flavour Infusion
Sprinkle some pav bhaji or garam masala, and add a handful of fresh coriander leaves. The preference here leans towards pav bhaji masala, but don't worry if it's not in your pantry- kitchen king masala or garam masala will do just fine. Ensure the salt is properly adjusted, and cook the veggies partially.
Step 5. Assemble Your Veg Sandwich
Lay out your toasted bread slices and generously spoon the savoury veggies over them. This is the golden moment for paneer lovers to add cottage cheese or paneer in their sandwich. Add another slice of bread on top and press down gently. If you've added paneer, give it a gentle toast on low heat until it transforms into a gooey, irresistible delight. Alternatively, toss your sandwich into a sandwich maker for that perfect grill.
Step 6. Serve Hot
And there you have it – a piping hot Veg Sandwich, ready for you to devour.
Tips to Perfect Your Veg Sandwich
- Get creative with your veggies. Whether you opt for quick-cooking mixed vegetables or prefer a single vegetable like carrots, bell peppers, or sweet corn, this recipe accommodates your choices beautifully.
- Cheese fans take note. Adding mozzarella or paneer to elevate this sandwich into a cheese veggie delight. The creamy, mild essence of mozzarella harmonises perfectly with the veggies. Or you can opt for the quintessential Indian cheese paneer to savour an authentic flavour experience.
- If you've got some on hand, a generous slather of green chutney wouldn't be amiss here, sliding it on the bread to give your sandwich an extra layer of tantalising flavour before adding your sautéed veggies.
- Short on time? The trusty sandwich toaster can be your saviour. Your Veg Sandwich is just a toast away from being the perfect snack anytime you desire.
In a world filled with complex recipes, there's a certain charm in simplicity. The Veg Sandwich recipe unveiled embodies that very charm. It beckons you to relish a delicious, healthy meal without the fuss of sauces, spreads, or cheese.
It's a quick fix, packed with flavour from the wonderful blend of fresh vegetables, aromatic spices, and the goodness of bread working together in harmony. What sets this one apart is how versatile yet simple it is. It is the perfect early morning snack, a great lunch idea, or it will also serve you well as a brunch or supper item.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use different vegetables in this Veg Sandwich?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative with your veggies. You may club a mixture of quick-cooking veggies or choose a single veggie: carrots, sweet corn, capsicum. Depending on your taste and what you have on hand.
If you're a cheese lover, add mozzarella or paneer to make it a cheese veggie sandwich. Mozzarella's creamy, mild flavour compliments the vegetables wonderfully. On the other hand, paneer, a classic Indian cheese, provides an authentic taste that pairs beautifully with the spiced veggies.
Make your Sandwich recipe with brown or whole-grain bread for a healthier option. These alternatives offer more fibre and nutrients than white bread, enhancing the nutritional value of your sandwich. Plus, they provide a hearty, wholesome taste.