1. In a mixer grinder, make a watery paste by blending the soaked Kashmiri red chillies and garlic. Set the paste aside for later use.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add oil, butter, cumin seeds, and onions. Stir and cook on high flame until the onions turn translucent.
3. Once the onions turn translucent, add capsicum, tomatoes, beetroot, green chilli paste, salt, powdered spices, fresh coriander, and chilli and garlic paste. Stir and cook on medium-high flame for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add water and lightly mash the veggies with a pav bhaji masher while keeping it slightly chunky. Your vegetable masala is ready.
For assembling the Pav:
1. For making masala pav, slice the pav in two halves, keeping the end intact.
2. On a tawa, add butter, chilli garlic chutney, and freshly chopped coriander leaves. Then, add a sufficient amount of prepared vegetable masala and coat the pav well with the masala from all sides.
3. Briefly cook for a few seconds, squeeze some lemon juice, and finish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
4. Serve the hot and spicy masala pav with some red garlic chutney and onions on the side. Enjoy the flavoursome treat!