Borosil Limited (“Borosil / We”) is committed to respecting the privacy of every person who shares personal information with us (including their name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, cards details (credit/ debit), bank account information and information related to transactions (including but not limited to history, preferences, method, mode and manner of payment etc), company, designation and any other descriptive information that you may provide about yourself and/or of other person that may be used to identify such individual ("Personal Information") through www.myborosil.com (“Website”) provided if such Personal Information is shared with Borosil directly. The privacy of the Personal Information shared by you is important to us and we strive to take reasonable care in the protection of the Personal Information we receive from you.
By providing us your Personal Information, you hereby
- consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure, processing and transfer of such information (whether in India or outside);
- represent that you have right or taken necessary consents from such persons on behalf of whom you have shared the information with us for the purposes as disclosed in this Policy; and
- providing the information out of your free will and without under any influence and coercion.
You have the option not to provide us Personal Information sought to be collected if you do not agree with this Policy. We collect Personal Information from Users / any person only if they voluntarily submit such Personal Information to us. Users can always refuse to supply / submit Personal Information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities as provided / related to Website.
While collecting Personal Information, by Borosil or any service provider authorized (engaged to provide the services / facilities) on its behalf to collect information takes such steps as are, in the circumstances, reasonable to ensure that the person providing the Personal Information has the knowledge of:
- the fact that the information is being collected;
- the purpose for which the information is being collected; and
- the intended recipients of the information.
Borosil (including person authorised by Borosil) may collects, uses, disclose, processes, transfers and uses Personal Information of User for the following purposes:
- We may use information to assist you for the order(s) related to product, request for service(s) and offer / other benefits, returned of product(s), refund of any amount so collected during the said process of ordering / services request, where you have concluded the payment transaction toward purchasing any product(s) and/or availing any service(s) as provided in the Website.
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs and electronic tracking the delivery of product(s) / services(s).
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website.
- We continually strive to improve the Website offerings/ online experience based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order(s) only to provide service to perform our obligation under that order(s).
- We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service and required under applicable Indian law.
- The details (including contact any Personal Information) provided by Users at the time accessing and placing order, order(s) processing, will be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order(s) / service(s).
- It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions so raised by User. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, offers related to product(s) or service(s) or offer(s) information, based on your previous order(s) of your interests etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Website and/or can also write to us with specific request for unsubscribing request.
- To transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company or in case of change of control.
- To respond to subpoenas, orders of courts, law enforcement authorities, government, dispute resolution bodies, regulators, or any party/ person appointed by said authorities, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of / on the Website as otherwise required by law.
- In the course of its business Borosil may hold on-line contests and surveys as permitted by Indian law and it reserves its right to use and disseminate the information so collected to enhance its services to the Users. This shall also include sharing the information with its subsidiaries and business associates as a general business practice.
We may also remove all the personally identifiable information and use the rest of the anonymized data / information enlisted above for historical or statistical purposes. We reserve the right to record the conversations between you and customer care officer / providers engaged by Borosil (engaged directly or indirectly) to safeguard the privacy of Users and service provider(s). This Policy is to monitor and prohibit abuse, safeguard the rights of Users and service providers / Borosil to resolve the disputes.
Website is to be used by Indian adults residing in India only and if any use of Website by any other person as mentioned hereinabove, then Borosil shall not be liable and responsible for performance of its obligation for order placed / services (including for any Personal Information shared at Website or any covered above. However reasonable care would be taken to protect the Personal Information in-line with international best practices. In case of conflict of law (due to information shared by any person other than Indian adults residing in India) then you hereby expressly agree and consent to applicable law would be Indian law (as amended from time to time) only for all and whatsoever purpose.
The Policy may be subject to further changes, review and update from time to time without any intimation / notice to you. We suggest that you regularly check this Policy available on the Website to apprise yourself of any changes and updates. Your continued engagement with us will imply your acceptance of such updates to this Policy.
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with Website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users, means of connection to Website, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Borosil may choose to host their data in servers located outside India. You authorize us to store, transfer, share, part with your Personal Information, across borders and from your country and jurisdiction to any other countries and jurisdictions across the world (including India), with our affiliates, agents, third party service providers / partners and other agencies for purposes specified under this Policy or as may be required by Indian law.
Borosil shall not retain your Personal Information after the purposes for which it is sought (as detailed in this Policy) is served or as otherwise required under any other Indian law for the time being in force. The Personal Information shared by you shall be used only for the purpose for which it is collected and, in the manner, agreed and shared by you. Personal Information however may remain on the servers unless otherwise deleted or purged permanently.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We have adopted reasonable security practices and procedures compliant to ensure that the Personal Information collected is secure. We also use encryption to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access and disclosure. You agree that such measures are secure and adequate. While we will endeavor to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you and prevent unauthorized access, you acknowledge that no electronic medium / security measure is 100% secure and that we cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of your Personal Information submitted to us. We will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information caused by any unauthorized access in relation to your Personal Information.
We encourage that you to update your Personal Information as and when there are any changes. You are further responsible to ensure that the Personal Information provided by you is true and accurate. We shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information supplied by you (for yourself or for on behalf of other person) and you shall indemnify and hold us harmless for relying on the Personal Information provided by you in case of your breach of this Policy and in case of any loss and/or damage suffered by us arising out of our use or reliance on the Personal Information provided by you.
In the event you wish to know the names and addresses of the third parties to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed, you may request us for such information by communicating to us at email id provided at Website. We will make all reasonable efforts to revert to you within a reasonable period of time, with the information that you require.
Further, you have the option to not provide your consent, or withdraw any consent given earlier, provided that the decision to not provide consent / withdrawal of the consent is communicated to us at email id provided in Website, If you do not provide us Personal Information or withdraw the consent to provide us with any of your Personal Information at any point in time, we shall have the option not to provide the benefits for the purpose of which the said Personal Information was sought, including various functionalities of the Website.
In terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 read with rules and regulation including the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, any grievance or complaint or any discrepancies may be intimated to ______ at ______________[iii].We will endeavor to respond within an appropriate timeframe.
[i] Please give the link of Term of Use.
[ii] Please put link of other services provider e.g. gpay etc