Made in under 30 minutes, this is a most delicious way to use coconut milk for a wholesome meal. Fresh, mild and flavourful, this will be a regular on your table soon!
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 2 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 3 cups diced mixed vegetables (mushrooms, carrots,
- baby corn, zucchini etc)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- Sea salt, to taste
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 1-2 Thai red chilies, chopped (optional)
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Few sprigs Thai basil, chopped
Use vegetable stock instead of milk, coconut oil instead of ghee and skip the cheese for a vegan or dairy-free version. You can also prep ahead by chopping the vegetables prior to cooking and storing in the fridge
• Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai. Add onion and garlic and saute for a minute. Add Thai green curry paste, saute for 30 seconds.
• Increase heat, add vegetables and stir fry for 5-7 minutes. Then add coconut sugar and salt.
• Reduce heat and add in the coconut milk, lemongrass, chillies and chiffonaded basil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until done.
• Discard the lemongrass.
• Squeeze the juice of fresh lime over before serving.
• Serve with boiled rice.