When you can have breakfast in a bowl, life is a whole lot more fun. Use fruit in season and/or berries of your choice to make your bowl different each time. Chia seeds add protein, fibre and antioxidants - making your bowl a perfect way to start the day!
INGREDIENTS: Serves 1
- ¼ cup whole oats
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or hung curd*
- ½ cup frozen strawberries or 3 tbsp strawberry sauce
- 1 small banana, chopped, frozen
- Honey, to taste
Instead of Greek yogurt, you can hang fresh curd in a muslin cloth overnight to let the whey drain out, leaving it thick and creamy!
• Soak the oats and milk in a cup overnight or microwave for 30 seconds and cool.
• Place all the ingredients, including chia seeds, in the Nutrifresh blender jar and blend until smooth.
• Transfer to a glass bowl and garnish as desired, if serving immediately.
#ProTip: Our Klip-n-Store glass food storage containers come with leak-proof lids, so you can prepare your smoothie bowl well in advance, and also carry it with you for a quick, nutritious breakfast on-the-go!
TOP IT WITH:
- Almond flakes, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, fresh or frozen strawberries, pumpkin seeds, etc.