1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and lightly grease your baking dish with butter.
2. Cut the white bread into bite-sized pieces, roughly one inch in size. Transfer them to the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
3. In a small pot, combine the milk, sugar, salt, and butter. Place it over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture is scalded. Set it aside and allow it to cool slightly.
4. Once the mixture has cooled a bit, stir in the vanilla extract and then whisk in the large eggs.
5. Take another baking dish, brush it with 1 teaspoon of butter, and layer the bread evenly. Sprinkle roughly crushed Parle G biscuits over the bread layer and repeat with another layer of bread and Parle G biscuits.
6. Pour the custard mixture over the layers of bread and Parle G biscuits. It's a good idea to reserve some custard to spoon over the top. This will help soak any dry pieces on top.
7. Set the dish aside for about 20-30 minutes to allow the bread to absorb the custard. This step is optional but it helps the bread soak up all of the custard.
8. Bake for about 40-45 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius. Your bread pudding is done when a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
9. Cut the Parle G bread pudding into servings and place them on plates.
10. Top each serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and garnish with caramel sauce.
11. Enjoy your delicious Parle G Bread Pudding!