A delicious flavourful Pumpkin soup which has Thai flavours. The humble pumpkin is packed with nutrients, vitamin A and antioxidants, and is also extremely low in calories. This filling and delicious soup is a great way to use this easily available vegetable found all year round.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
200 g pumpkin (peela kaddu)
1 tbsp sesame oil or vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
250 ml coconut milk
1 green chilli, chopped
Zest & juice of 1 lime
1 tsp palm sugar, to taste
Salt, to taste
• Wrap the pumpkin in foil. Bake for 30-45 minutes at 180° C until tender. Cool, peel, then puree in small jar.
• Heat the oil in a heavy pan. Saute onions and garlic until light pink and fragrant.
• Add the pumpkin puree and the remaining ingredients.
• Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
• Puree in the Nutrifresh blender jar.
• Taste & adjust seasoning.
• To garnish, drizzle over with a little chili oil and sprinkle with roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
• Serve hot.