A quick light protein rich and very flavourful soup which will become a family favourite especially as a winter warmer.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
200 g button mushrooms, chopped
1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
2 spring onions, chopped (with greens)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1½ tbsp oat flour (blend oats in small grinder)
½ cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup milk
Use vegetable stock instead of milk, coconut oil instead of ghee and skip the cheese for a vegan or dairy-free version.
• Heat the ghee in a heavy pan.
• Sauté onions and garlic until light pink and fragrant.
• Add mushrooms and stir fry on high until wilted and fragrant.
• Add oat flour and sauté, then add half the walnuts.
• Gently pour in the milk stirring continuously to blend well.
• Cook on simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the soup begins to thicken.
• Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
• Blend in the Nutrifresh blender jar until smooth after 10 minutes.
• Return to the pan. Add remaining walnuts and cheese, and heat as desired. Add milk/water if a thinner consistency required. Taste and adjust seasoning.
• Serve hot with toasted walnuts, spring greens and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.