Easy, Healthy & Quick Lunch Box Ideas
Special lunches help one get the right energy to work and study with full concentration, whether in the office or at school. However, preparing last-minute lunches when you need comprehensive planning is quite hectic. It can cause unnecessary hassles, causing a delay to the entire schedule. As an added help, here are some easy-to-make and nutritious lunchbox recipes to help you with a fulfilling meal at the right time.
So without further ado, let’s help you with the various quick-to-make lunch tiffin recipes!
5 Healthy, Easy, And Quick Lunch Box Ideas
Before looking for easy tiffin ideas, ensure all the ingredients are ready in your house. For this, you can always abide by a fixed schedule for shopping and use the weekends to go to the mall and stock up all the vegetables and spices for the upcoming week.
Also, get the right tiffin boxes to keep your lunch box meals fresh and warm for multiple hours.
Moving on, here are 5 healthy lunch box ideas that will help you serve both the adults and the kids, keeping them filled for the rest of the day.
Mushroom Paratha, Raita & Pickle
The first in the list of your lunchbox recipes is a healthy and tasty Mushroom Paratha that will only take a maximum of 10 minutes for you to prepare. Remember, planning is the key to time management. Parathas are one of the easy Indian lunch box recipes. You can prepare the dough and refrigerate it the night before. Also, chop your mushrooms and store them in an airtight container. Take them from the fridge and allow the dough and the mushrooms to come to room temperature.
Among all the other tiffin box recipes, this one combines both Indian and Western flavours.
1. Add oil to the pan, mushrooms (250 gm), onion (1 pc), 1 tablespoon of dhania powder, jeera powder, Garam masala powder, and turmeric powder.
2. Let the mixture cool, and add it to your round dough balls.
3. Roll them out and cook the paratha on medium heat.
1. For the raita, add cucumber and chaat masala to the curd and take any pickle you want.
2. Voila! Your healthy food for lunch box is ready.
Matki Sabzi And Phulkas
When looking for healthy Indian lunch box ideas for adults and kids that are rich in protein but easy to make, this can be your go-to. When the dough is ready, it will take hardly 10 minutes to make some ‘Phulkas’ (handmade bread). Moving on, with the star of our lunchbox recipes - ‘matki ki sabzi’ you will be cooking sprouts rich in magnesium, potassium, fibre, and phosphorus.
You can count the ‘matki ki sabzi’ in quick lunch box recipes.
1. Heat oil and add asafoetida (hing) (1/4 tsp) and mustard seeds (1 tsp) to the pan.
2. Now, saute them.
3. Add the sprouts with turmeric powder, chilli powder, sugar, and salt, keep the flame to medium, and stir them.
4. Add freshly cut coriander leaves in the end and switch off once cooked.
5. You can pack them separately and add salad in an airtight container.
Broccoli Rava Idli With Coconut Chutney
These healthy lunchbox recipes will rescue you when you have a busy schedule. Grate and store the broccoli and the coconut in an air-tight container the day before. Also, roast the rava simultaneously and store it in an airtight container once it is cooled. Broccolis are rich in vitamins K & C, helping you with iron, potassium, and fibre. Of all the other lunch box recipes, this one from Southern India takes care of health and taste.
1. As you start making the rawa, add sooji rava and corn rava (½ cp) in a preheated pan and keep it in a bowl to cool down.
2. Add oil to the pan, mustard seeds (1 tsp), and white urad daal (1 tsp), and saute them all.
3. Then add the grated broccoli and saute it for seconds until it turns dark green.
4. Now add curd to the cooled rava along with the cooled-down broccoli mixture.
5. Preheat your idli steamer, and grease your moulds with ghee or oil.
6. Add the mixture and let it cook.
7. Your idli will be ready within 15 minutes. Serve with coconut chutney.
Corn & Soy Quesadillas
Developing healthy and easy tiffin ideas is difficult, but things get easy with thorough planning. The corn & soy quesadillas are rich in fibre. Besides, corn is a great supplier of essential minerals like magnesium, zinc, manganese, and iron. While soy is a high source of protein. Among all the other lunchbox recipes, this, in particular, is appropriate for both kids and adults.
So add this one to your list of healthy lunch box recipes today and start with the preparation part.
1. Use the ready-made ones for the tortillas to save time.
2. Take soybeans (½ cup), soak them for 6 hours the previous day, and cook the beans until soft.
3. Add oil (2 tsp) to a pan with a heavy bottom.
4. Add garlic and onion, and keep stirring them until slightly caramelised.
5. Now add your soya mixture, tomato puree, and corn. You can add Tabasco sauce, salt, and chilli to taste.
6. For the quesadillas, spread the tortillas on a dry surface, add the soy corn mixture and sprinkle cheese.
7. Now fold it over and seal the edges.
8. Add butter outside the tortillas and grill them until golden brown.
Penne Pasta In Spinach Pesto Sauce
The last one on the list of quick and healthy tiffin ideas you have is penne pasta in spinach pesto sauce. Being both a healthy and creamy, spinach pasta recipe will help you with taste and nutrients. Among all the other lunchbox recipes, you can pack this with seasonal fruits and amplify the nutritional components in multiple fields.
Most easy lunch box recipes with spinach focus on health and miss out on the taste. But this one is different. Let’s delve into its preparation process.
1. Boil the penne pasta (350 gms) and blanch the spinach & basil leaves beforehand.
2. Add 10 whole almonds, salt & pepper, cumin powder (1 tsp), red chilli powder (1 tsp), and 4 garlic cloves.
3. Now heat a pan, and add the pesto mixture, cooked pasta, and milk.
4. Toss until the pasta is completely coated with the sauce.
5. Now turn the gas off and let it cool.
6. Serve with garlic bread and herb butter.
So these are some of the healthy and tasty lunch box ideas for adults and kids. When you have a five days working schedule or school calendar, these healthy lunchbox recipes will keep you sorted for an entire week.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to come up with healthy tiffin ideas for kids?
You can come up with recipes that your child loves to eat. Also, make sure to keep track of the nutritional content of each lunchbox item.
2. Suggest some quick lunch ideas for school.
For school, you can pack baked chicken quesadillas, pepperoni pizza rolls, Turkey pinwheels, grilled cheese roll-ups and anything your kid would love.
3. How do you pack a healthy lunchbox for adults?
Pack food rich in healthy fats and proteins. Also, you can go for seasonal fruits and whole grains as per choice.