Zingy and full of flavour tasting summer salad that celebrates local ingredients. Raw mango and fresh herbs offers a quick and fresh dressing for salad!
DRESSING* INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 1 small raw green mango
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- A few sprigs fresh mint
- Rock salt, to taste
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped cottage cheese
- ½ a pomegranate
- A handful of walnuts, chopped
Add to mayonnaise to make tangy mango mayonnaise, serve as a chutney or add to hung yogurt to make a dip etc.
METHOD FOR THE SALAD:
• Toss together the chickpeas that have been cooked and cooled, mixed sprouts, cottage cheese cubes, pomegranate pearls, and chopped walnuts with this dressing.
METHOD FOR DRESSING:
• Place all ingredients in the small Nutrifresh bullet jar and process until smooth.
• Taste and adjust seasoning.